Tuesday, January 14, 2014

January 13, 2014 - Email Home

Dear Family,

Arrow! Yes! I'm glad you are still watching it! Such a great show! What do you think of it so far?

Way to go Tay! Third in her competition is great! I don't exactly understand how they determine the winners of a drill competiton, but I'm glad that PG did that well!

As for the life of Christ, our Bishop has been in Germany for the last month! He has family up there and so he went and visited them before Christmas. The last time we talked about it he seemed super excited for it, but I guess we will find out when he gets back.

So the deal with Elder K's tire.... Hahah! He got a brand new back rim (for free, via the warranty) on Wednesdaynight. Thursday we were riding to Spokes, our local repair shop, to get his bike fine-tuned. He went up the sidewalk ramp and started riding on the grass when suddenly his front rim bent into a taco shape, and he flew over the handle bars! Oh my gosh, we were dying with laughter. I remember him lying on the ground saying, "Crap, did my tire break?" Haha! We then bent it into a rideable state, and he rode it for the next 1.5 miles to Spokes with a flat, and a bent rim. It was great! Heavenly Father has a great sense of humor!



We ate dinner with the L Family on Friday night. It was there we found out that she had a few tasers, and Elder K got the bright idea that being tased was on his bucket list. So he volunteered. And absolutely loved it! He's crazy... Haha!

We've been working with a kid. He is a less-active in our ward who is a self-proclaimed atheist. He's awesome! He still attends seminary every day and will come to church once a month. Elder G has really made a connection with him because they both love and play guitar! (Of course this kids is way better than Elder G). Their family loves to have us over. We are really excited that we were able to connect with him, because he was really unreceptive when Elder F and I tried before.

We finally met with S again for the first time in a month. She is doing well! We talked about temples and some of the blessings that temples bring into our lives. She would love to go there one day, but her kids are extremely set against church, especially our church. We are hoping we can connect with them too, so that they can all receive the blessings of the Gospel!

I know this Church is true. I know that Jesus is the Christ, that He suffered and died so that we can experience true happiness by using the Atonement. I testify of the power of that Atonement. How great it is! It has helped me get through countless experiences, and has blessed my life innumerable times. I am so grateful for the blessing of having access to the Spirit. I'm grateful for a Heavenly Father who loves us enough to let us learn and grow, and to know for ourselves what is right and what is wrong.

I love you all! Thank you for everything!
-Elder Dexton J. Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment