Tuesday, December 17, 2013

December 10, 2013 - Letter Home

12-10-13

Family!

How is everything going?  The last few days have been kinda crazy!  Snow is everywhere!

So I'll describe a little bit of how we tract!  First, we pull out a map of our area and Elder F & I will both pick 3 streets mentally and then we tell them to each other.  Surprisingly, we always pick on street similar to each other!  So that is where we go tracting for that day!

So far, we've only encountered one family that is a potential investigator from tracting!  We haven't been able to contact them since the first visit, but it's been good!

We go the the door and knock.  Elder F & I switch off talking @ each door.  We tell them that we are representatives of Jesus Christ and that we can help them and their family have happiness.  If they decline, we generally offer to do service for them!  I've only had one door slammed so it's been kinda nice.

It's sometimes intimidating to be the parent of me?  Man, I didn't realize I was that bad of a child! :-) Hahah just kidding!  Yeah, Kellie sent me an audio recording of her talk!  It was really awesome!  She did a great job!  I'm excited for her to be a missionary!

Did Cassia's letter ever arrive?  What about her bday card?  You didn't mention it, so I was kinda worried.

So this last week I've hit 190 miles on my odometer!  It kinda blows my mind that I've ridden that many miles in almost 3 months!  Thats about 15 miles a week!

I want you all to know that I'm trying my very best to do all I can out here.  I'm sorry if I fail or if I am not able to be successful in all I do.  I just want you to know that I'm going to give all I can before I ever give up with anything!!

I know this Church is true.  I know that the Savior lives and that He died so that we can return to our Father in Heaven. Our Heavenly Father loves us.  He knows us personally and can call us by name.  Joseph Smith really did restore the truth of the Gospel.

I love you all!!
Elder Dexton Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment