Thursday, March 6, 2014

March 6 - Email Home

I'll start off by explaining what has been happening to me for the last 6 months. I've been having sleep problems. As my mission has progressed, the problem has as well. Now I am to the point where I'm getting, at most, three hours of sleep. I've have been diligently working with the Mission Doctor, trying different remedies, medicines, and techniques. The problem isn't necessarily falling asleep, its staying asleep.

As this problem has progressed, it has begun to interfere with my missionary work. I get distracted and lose focus easily. I find myself falling asleep in meetings and lessons. I can't teach as well as I used to. My companion has been so patient, and I am so grateful for that.

I am also grateful for the prayers and the fasts that have been given for my benefit. Thank you so much for that support! It really means a lot to me.

Anyway, on with my email!

I'm glad the family is doing A-OK! That is good.

This last week has been somewhat crazy. I've had iPad trainings throughout the whole mission, teaching these D.C. South missionaries how to use their iPads to fulfill their purpose. It has been hard for me, but it has been great to see the work of The Lord advance in such an amazing way!

Our Turkish investigator is still advancing towards baptism on the 16th! We are so excited for her and she is as well!

Even though I'm going through this trial, I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve out here. I love The Lord so much. He is so merciful, and so kind. I am grateful for His sacrifice for us. I love the Atonement, and the opportunity I have to use it each and every day.

I love you all!
-Elder Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment