Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November 5 - Letter Home

My Family!

How’s it going? I'm doing alright.  Earlier today, I felt like throwing up.  I was pretty miserable, mom will be happy to know that I used Airborne!  I'm feeling better now!

I'm really glad you actually got my letter!  I was worried that I had forgotten to send it or that it got lost in the mail!  Thankfully it hadn't.

We actually played Dungeons & Dragons yesterday!  It was actually quite fun!  We all got pretty into it!  That surprised me, cause Elder K doesn't seem like the type who enjoys role-playing or nerdy games!  ha-ha!

The weather is getting chillier every day!  The leaves are also starting to loose their vibrant colors.  It's still gorgeous and I'm starting to need to layer everywhere I go, which is hard under my suit pants!

So my dreams are pretty awesome!   I really love that I get to have them!  Imagine being able to watch a movie every night!  That's what it is like for me.  I know you said (mom) that you know someone who has a few ways to get them to stop, but I really love them and I don't want to give them up.  I really think that it's a blessing to have dreams.  Sleep would be boring otherwise ;-P haha!

Some of my dreams are nightmare-ish but the majority actually are funny!  They actually have strengthened mine & Elder F's relationship!  We trust each other a lot.  I really hope that I don't have to say goodbye on the 14th which is transfers meeting. 
So yesterday I bought some of those uncrustables!  They actually had them at Giants! (the store) It made me really happy to see them, so I bought them!  I just barely ate one and it was extremely good.

How was daylight savings back home?  Here is really helped getting that extra hour of sleep!  My body still wakes up at 5 (which used to be 6) but I fall back asleep really easily.

So Elder F and I had a great idea!  We are going to ask President Riggs if we could practice Christmas [music] until Christmas time on a cello and/or a violin.  We would then go to parks and play them.  We could share our message with those who gathered around to listen!  We are pretty stoked!

So just curious, did the Xbox thing ever get figured out?  There's not much I can do, but I was curious.

Also, did Aunt Karen ever get the UVU stuff done?  I'm just looking out for my future! ;-)

Poor S (an investigator).  She's really struggling with her husband.  She just can't seem to forgive him and all she wants is someone to take care of her.  There’s not much Elder F and I can do except for praying and fasting, so that's what we do.

So you don't ever need to worry about food for me out here in Ashburn!  We get so much food, you'd be blown away. We just cleaned out our fridge full of week-old leftovers because our fridge was completely full.  It amazed me how much the members care for us missionaries!

I love you all so much!  I miss you guys but it's been a lot easier cause I'm getting lost in the work!  I love this area!  I love being on a mission!  I love my Heavenly Father so very much! 

This Church is true.  Never doubt that.  It is THE restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I love you all!

Elder Dex Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment