Friday, October 18, 2013

October 16 - Letter Home

Mom and Family-
So I didn't get too much of a chance to give you all the info I probably wanted to.

So you are probably wondering how I’m feeling/ how I’m doing!  I’m actually doing really well.  This week has probably been an 8 out of a 10 week!  Of course everyone gets a little homesick every now and then but I’m really starting to like it out here!

Theres a movie of it raining out here that I took so I’ll try to upload it to dropbox when I get a chance.  Probably Friday or next Monday! Plus I found out how to make my camera actually upload, so I’m excited about that.

I’m not gaining or loosing weight. I’m actually the same weight I was when I left home.  I guess I’m burning off all the calories that I’m eating!  We get fed incredibly well out here! 

The only problem I’m having is sleep issues.  I’m out of the Trazodone, so I’m back to those sleeping aid pills.  The problem isn't getting to sleep, its staying asleep that is the issue.  I’m probably going to wait another week before going and seeing the doctor.  Just in case.

We had a friend tonight!  There was a small bird that was hiding out on our back porch!  We soon found out he had trouble walking, so we tried to help him out.  He then flew into our apartment!  We finally caught him & released him out the back. We named him “G” in memory of Elder G (because he is leaving soon).  We just call the bird “G” so no one gets confused.

Money-wise. I’m doing alright.  We get $165 a month for pretty much all the necessities.  All of the other things that aren't required for a mission should be paid for by my home funds.  So I’m trying to budget as much as I can!

I’m still bummed about my odometer though.  I’ve probably rode 30-40 miles now (just an estimate). I’m loving my bike though!  And the u-lock works perfectly where you put it!  Thank You!

I love you all very much!  I’m really enjoying my time out here!  Can you believe that I've been out for almost an entire month?  I can’t!

Love Dex!

No comments:

Post a Comment