Monday, October 28, 2013

October 22 -Letter

Armstrong Family!

Hey so I'm sorry I didn't get more time to talk (email) to you.  We usually head to the library pretty early around 10:30-11'ish (about 8:30-9'ish your time) because if we go any later, the library gets crowded and we get limited to about an hour on the computers.  So just know that for reference!

So I sent  story about DA, a potential investigator to Kellie.  Just so I save time & don't have to write again, you can ask her to bring it over & share it with you.

So I don't know if you'll get this before I get my package from you, but did you get the Life of Christ stuff together and did you send it? I guess I'll find out when I get it!

So I didn't get a chance to upload videos but I have 2-3 of them that I want to upload.  One is of a huge rainstorm (down-poured for 4-6 days straight), another is of Elder K catching as many gummy bears in his mouth as he could (hey what else were we supposed to do with a 3-pound bag of gummy bears?) & the 3rd is of an MTC experience (Elder S stole my camera and started video recording).

Oh, and by the way, this camera is amazing! For $100 it was probably the best we could buy! I'm able to use all the tricks I learned in my photo class!

So Elder F is quite the artist (even though he will deny it to his last breath).  He's doing some project for me and I have no idea why.  Any ideas on what I could do for him in return?  If I had access to photo-shop or even just a computer, I could do something cool.  But right now I'm lacking in ideas.  Help?

So we decided that we were going to use our mission funds "wisely" and we are going to make a Christmas tree out of Coke cans!  Hehe! We are pretty excited and we are saving up cans!

So there is a TED video (some type of seminar I guess) that we watched at a zone meeting.  We related it about the gospel & leadership.  You should try looking it up.  Its about this one guy playing a piece by Choppin.  He talks about how only 3% of the world actually likes classical music.  The coolest quote that he said is, "the conductor [of an orchestra] relies on his ability to make others powerful".  We related that to missionaries & the Spirit and how we make others feel that spirit.  We aren't the ones making the spirit, but the investigators feel it none the less!

So I'm already at page 100 in the first journal! Aren't you so proud?!? I'm pretty excited! I've never been that great of a journal writer so this is an accomplishment for me!
 
I love each of you so very much!  Thank you for the support you give me each day!  I pray for each & everyone of you!  Just let me know if there's ever anything I can do!

Thank you for the calendar.  I know Kellie sent it, but the pictures in it are absolutely wonderful!! They bring back so many memories! (PS Dawson's soccer photo makes him look like a stud! Don't let it go to his head!)  The calendar almost made me cry (in a good way).  I love you guys so much!

Love,
 Elder Dex Armstrong 

No comments:

Post a Comment